Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Long Trip, To Visit Mom

A Long Trip from Iasi to Corsica

See this map on Google Maps! Credit embeded with the file.

Bags are almost packed, plans are made, credit id ready: I'm leaving on a complicated trip to visit my mom in Corsica. To be honest, this trip couldn't have been planned at a worse time. I'm in a transitional phase at the moment, which means I'm very vulnerable in most ways. On top of that, this trip looks like a wild goose hunt.

A couple of hours from now (5:30am, today) I'll be on the Intercity to Bucharest. After a few hours at the Bucharest Grapefruit office, I'll be on the plane towards Rome, landing on the Fiumicino airport around 8:30pm. I get to spend about a couple of hours in the grando aeroporto de Italia, before taking the train to Livorno, via Roma. The funny part is that the train arrives in Livorno at 3am, and the ferry leaves to Bastia at 8:15am. Umm... Not funny!

I sure hope I find some late night non-stop shop where I can spend the rest of the night, while I wait for the ferry. Perhaps some McDonald's? After four hours on the ferry, a couple of friends of mom's will come and pick me up from the port, and then there's one or two more hours before I meet her.

It will be worth it, no doubt... But when I come to think the amount of work I leave behind... The amount of work I have to come back to...

Well, you can follow me on Twitter if you're interested, as I'll keep it updated via SMS and IM. (Actually, please follow... if there's trouble, I'll also post there.) I'm also planning on taking that Flickr account off the dusty shelf.

No comments: