Friday, February 15, 2008

Crash like I haven't had in a while

It all started with a headache a couple of days ago, which of course I ignored, carelessly continuing my daily taks. So I wake up next morning with a lesser headache, but a painful swollen neck. "Eh, I'll just have some hot tea at the office, maybe a Coldrex and it'll go away." But little did I know...

By the time I got to the office, my headache was completely at home again, and the neck situation had gotten worse. I drank the hot Coldrex, but the coat back on a started reading my mail... So at this point there's this struggle: I had a lot planned for yesterday, but if I stayed at the office or, worse, if I had ran through town to complete my deeds, it would have been a disaster. So I take the day off, call for a cab and go home. I stopped by the pharmacy to buy a couple more Coldrex.

Yesterday was a nightmare: I had no apetite, although I constatly felt the need to eat, my head was pumping like a boom box, I puked blood, had so much medication I can still taste it in my mouth... Not to mention the wild actual nightmares about weird folk insinde my body/head/mouth/whatever fighting for territory, which war caused my pain. By morning, though, things felt better, but not enough to get up and resume my humble life.

My neck is still swollen, I still have a mild headache, and I have to wear a blanket on me around the house, or else I'm shaking like crazy.

Will someone remind me to get a flu shot next year?

No comments: