Friday, January 18, 2008

I Can Haz Morningtide Prerelease Card

Tomorrow's the big day! Me and Diesel are packing up for a short trip to Bucharest for the Morningtide prerelease. I hope the next Magic: The Gathering prerelease will have a counterpart event in Iasi aswell, because a day such like tomorrow seems to be a lot of trouble!

Door of Destinies

Door of Destinies, the Morningtide Prerelease Card as announced on January 17 by WotC.

This isn't the whole thing, though. A Sealed tournament will be held, which means every contestant gets 1 Tournament deck + 3 Morningtide boosters and plays with a Lorwyn block deck made out of them. When the competition is over, you can take them home! (Even if you didn't win.) I'm also planning on buying a Lorwyn Fat Pack, some deck boxes, card sleeves and maybe some Elf and Kithkin tokens with real artwork. (If I find tokens I won't have to use my business cards as tokens anymore!)

Godspeed!

2 comments:

kristache said...

Heh, I had a revelation near New Year's Eve, in Wien. When I first saw you playing this thingie I thought, OK, you're fucked up, isolated case. But nooo, on the street where I've stayed in Wien it was a bizarre place called SpielRaum, with dozens, hundreds of you..

Take a look on http://www.spielraum.co.at, maybe you'll bring the franchise to Romania :) I'm sure that thousands of undercover lineagers will pop up to sustain the idea :) Cheers

Mihai Alexandru Bîrsan said...

Hehe... There are enough of us (MTG players) in Romania too! At the torunament in Bucharest there were 32 people registered, out of about 24 expected.

Truly, a TCG shop in Iaşi would earn wonders, and I've thought about starting such a business... Too bad I don't have the money to start with yet, plus I'm not very intimate with investment loans... But there's a spark nonetheless.