Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Can Haz Morningtide Prerelease

Morningtide Shamans

Shamans art from the Shamans pre-release poster, © Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Magic: The Gathering logo and related artwork © Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Well, it seems like Magic: The Gathering really got to me. Meanwhile I bought a couple more decks, some more booster packs, and I've got a custom deck that kind of works.

We play the game in the breaks at the office, after hours at the office, multiplayer in the weekends, etc. Winning is most fun of all, but I usually lose to my fellow "experienced" player Dan—who built himself a strong deck and acts like a 7th grade bully among 4th graders. Of the multiplayer games, two-headed giant is the most fun to play. Last weekend we played Diesel and I vs. Dan and Raisa, and we won the last game. (It is at this point irrelevant how many we lost.)

However, what I probably enjoy mostly about the game is the "collectible" part. And because of that I need to be at the prerelease of Morningtide in Bucharest . It's like... this urge!

I have some of the details down, like transportation, lunch, and some arriving, like how to get to Hobby Store, how many people are expected, etc. I'll take the early morning intercity (which leaves Iasi at 5:30) and I should be in Bucharest around 11. I'll probably have lunch at McDonald's in the train station, and then hopefully take the metro to the shop. This way I get 5 hours of prerelease fun, and after that I'll head back to the train station and take the 6pm intercity back home, which will probably land me back in Iasi around 11pm.

Sweet, huh? Well, the part that sucks so far is that there's no one that would go with me. It sucks not to know anyone in a big convention of people, and this is no different. Plus the 10 hour train ride isn't going to be very pleasent if alone.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this event and I won't be square.

January 14 update: Diesel decided to go to the Morningtide prerelease, so it seems I'll be having companion afterall.

No comments: