Thursday, June 12, 2008

DS vs. iPod Touch

Nintendo DS vs. iPod touch

Although this spring’s changes drove me into recession, now that my life is coming back to normal, I think I’ll be able to afford a gadget gift for myself this summer. For one thing there’s going to be a some traveling this summer. For the second, I’ve decided to use public transportation more often. Both of these would go nicely with a toy on the side.

Right now it’s hard to decide between the two beautiful gadgets, both with strong and weak points. This is where I’m asking for help: which would be best for me? Throughout the following week I’ll update the post according to which device scores better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, this is interesting because i own both; and for two different reasons: while the iPod touch makes an excellent "swiss-army knife" of a gadget, with its focus on passive entertainment such as watching shows/movies/podcasts, it is some what lacking right now with the app store (IMO anyaway). Until a really good game is released for a decent price i'm going to stick with my ds for gaming. Its an extremely clever little gadget that has hints of more multi-functionality in the upcoming years (maybe months!). overall i dunno, how avid of a gamer are you? if not to much go with the touch, but remember the ds is pretty affordable too.

Mihai Alexandru Bîrsan said...

Thanks for the tip, anonymous!

I've given it much though and I'm ready to go with the iTouch or iPhone. I just hope hijacking it won't be as painful as I've read about.